Plan your trip
- Choose the walk that suits the fitness levels in your group
- Let someone know where you are going and give an expected return time.
Keep to the marked tracks
- Some of the walks have rocky outcrops with steep drop offs so keep to the marked tracks and supervise children
- Keep away from any predator traps for your safety
- Read the signs and information boards at the beginning of the tracks
Take some supplies
- Water bottle
- Snacks for the longer walks
- Wear sturdy shoes with good grip
- A bag for your rubbish
- Sweaters/raincoats in case the weather changes
- Cellphone – there is good coverage throughout the reserve
- Remember your camera!
Be aware of the weather
- Check the forecast
- Note that the tracks can be slippery after rain
Look after Bream Head Scenic Reserve
- Don’t light fires
- Take your rubbish home
Sorry, no dogs allowed
- Whangarei Heads is a kiwi sanctuary, so no dogs are permitted in the reserve or on any DOC tracks in Whangarei Heads.